NETHER STOWE SCHOOL UNIFORM
- Black Blazer with school badge to be worn at all times
- White Shirtwith collar which buttons to the neck and is worn tucked in at all times
- Black Trouserswhich must be of an ‘office’ style
- Black Skirtmust be plain, of a suitable material and length (no shorter than 5cm/two inches above the knee)
- Black V-neck knitted Sweater(optional) – plain and long sleeved.
- Copllege Tie - Clip on type which must always be worn. Students will have been allocated to a college and must wear the appropiate college tie
- Dark socks or plain tights
- Shoes; plain black and leather style in appearance, with a very low heel (no higher than 2.5cm)
- Coat which should be plain and dark.
- Further images of specific examples of permitted and non-permitted items of uniform can be found on the school website.
- Trousers– unacceptable items include: hipsters, cargo style, fitted/tight trousers or leggings, jeans-style, any coloured external labelling and those with studs or zipped front pockets.
- Skirts must notbe made from ‘stretchy’, lycra type fabric.
- Round neck jumpers or cardigans are not acceptable.
- Sweatshirts, hooded tops or similar must notbe worn, either as part of the school uniform or as a school coat.
- Shoes must not havelogos or writing on them and any laces must be black. Images of appropriate footwear are published on the school website. Trainers, boots and canvas shoes are inappropriate footwear and must not be worn.
Hair should be neat with no extremes in style, cut or colour and hair length should be not less than Grade 2 and Grade 1 haircuts are not allowed. Long hair must be tied back for all practical subjects.
Jewellery should be kept to a minimum – a watch, signet ring and single neck chain (not visible) are acceptable. Students are allowed ONE small pair of stud earrings (one in each ear). Nose and eyebrow studs and other such visible piercings are not acceptable and students will be required to remove them. It is not an acceptable excuse for a student to ask to wear unapproved jewellery to prevent a pierced ear or nose from closing up and covering piercings with a plaster or other item is not acceptable.
Make-up is ACTIVELY DISCOURAGED and, if worn at all, should be barely visible. False eyelashes are not acceptable.
Nail varnish must not be worn in Key Stage 3 (Yrs 7, 8 and 9). In Key Stage 4 nails must look natural. Bright/dark colours are not acceptable and all nail varnish must be removed for practical lessons for Health and Safety regulations.
False Nails are not permitted.
A plain black head scarf may be worn to cover the hair. The fabric should be lightweight and black and worn so that the collar and tie can be seen. The headscarves should be folded under the chin, taken round to the back of the neck and the ends tucked in – this conforms to the health and safety requirements.
Under Article 9.2 of the Human Rights Act, the Jilbab is not permitted as part of the uniform. This decision has been taken by the Governors in consultation with the school community (students, parents and staff).
If for medical reasons, any item of school uniform cannot be worn, evidence will need to be provided by the appropriate medical professional (eg GP/Consultant etc).
Debits will be issued to students with incorrect uniform. The school has a stock of uniform which can be loaned out temporarily for the day (this is regularly cleaned and laundered). Refusal to comply will result in the pupil being internally isolated and parents will be contacted.
The following items comprise the essential kit for all students:
- Plain black shorts (football-type) WITH school badge
- Plain black skort WITH school badge (girls optional)
- Plain white short-sleeved polo shirt WITH school badge
- Outdoor reversible shirt (black on one side, black with white band on reverse) WITH school badge (boys only)
- Plain black hoodie WITH school badge and initials (optional) – no draw string on hood
- Plain Black ‘fleece’ top WITH school badge (optional)
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms WITH school badge (optional)
- White sports socks
- Black football socks (boys only)
- Training shoes (not pumps/converse/vans/Hi-tops)
- Football boots (boys only)
- Shin pads AND gum shield (boys only)
- Plain black swimsuit/swim shorts and swimming hat
- Personalised GCSE PE top (applicable for GCSE course students only)
Examples of Acceptable and non Acceptable uniform can be found on the following links:
All of the school uniform and P.E. kit is available from
Uniforms Plus, Greenhill, Lichfield
Blueprint Designs, brewery Street, Rugeley
Please ensure that all items of uniform and P.E. kit are clearly named.
This revision replaces all other previously published versions on uniform guidance. Sept 2016